Everyone says they never have time to take care of themselves, we all know that we should carve out the time but life gets in the way. It doesn’t take a big time commitment to give our overall wellness a boost.
Self Massage is one tool that can have a big impact and can be done almost anywhere. We’ve all rubbed our temples to counter a headache or massaged an arm that just got a shot to relieve the soreness. I’ve put together a couple techniques to use anywhere to give yourself a boost! Face Massage– this is good to do while putting on your moisturizer in the morning! It also helps fight wrinkles and tension lines.
- Take both hands and cup your face from the hollows of your cheeks to laying your fingers on your hairline. Apply slight pressure upwards, hold for 10sec.
- Take three fingers and massage gentle circles in an upward motion starting at your cheeks, then start in between your eyes and work toward ears just above the eyebrows.(Take 30sec) If putting on moisturizer dab it on cheeks and forehead now.
- Face palms toward face and drum your fingers all over forehead helping to spread the cream and relax the tension. (30sec) then slowly drum down to cheeks and chin.
- Pinch your jaw line from ears to chin. This helps to tone the skin and prevent a double chin.
Shoulder Tension– Almost everyone has shoulder tension these days. This is great to do if you’ve been sitting at a computer for too long! You do need a hairbrush for this one.
- Sit upright and imagine there’s a string pulling you up at the crown of your head tucking your chin slightly down.
- Shrug your shoulders up and hold for 3 sec. then slowly let them down. Repeat 3 times.
- Take a hairbrush in your right hand, bristles facing you, and gently pound along the top of your shoulder up to your neck.(30sec) Repeat on the other side.
- Roll your shoulders back in circles 5 times.
- Continue on with your day!
Try them out and see if you feel lighter and brighter. Remember: “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” ~Buddha